New Rochelle, NY
Almstead Tree and Shrub Care is a second-generation, family-owned arboriculture firm that has been offering environmentally conscious services the NY, NJ, and CT tri-state area since 1964. We are a TCIA accredited company that values our employee’s professional aspirations, career development, safety and quality of life.
We are looking for passionate professionals who want to enhance their career! We offer generous compensation, year-round work, paid time off, health and retirement benefits, inclusive company culture and so much more! If you are ready to enjoy going to work every day, come grow with us!
This newly created position has unlimited opportunity to enhance and expand our quality lawn care program. The successful individual will be responsible for the oversight and management of the lawn care programs and staff for four Almstead locations.
- Pricing all materials to secure the highest quality fertilizer, chemical and seed for the most competitive price
- Training of technicians in proper applications
- Training of sales arborist to increase revenue
- Be point person on high value accounts to maximize results
- Adjust programs as needed to achieve the highest quality of care
- Sourcing of equipment
- Manage the P/L, maximizing profits without sacrificing quality care
- Sourcing additional bidding opportunities and selling of commercial properties
- Coordination of maintenance of all lawn equipment throughout the company
- Ensuring all technicians have proper license in each state we operate and training on the laws for each state
- Create of training manuals and ensure proper safety standards are adhered to
- Assist the PHC department with chemical sourcing as needed
- Hiring fulltime and temporary help for applications and Fall aeration services
- Two/Four-year degree in turf grass management, agronomics, arboriculture, horticulture (or related field),
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience guiding and supervising staff
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multitask.
- Possess appropriate state pesticide applicators license/licenses.
- Knowledge of common cool season turfgrass types and issues
- The ability to manage staff in multiple locations
- NOFA OLC certification a plus but not required
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including medical and dental plans with employer contribution, 401K retirement savings plan, paid time off, and more!
Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Company, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
You may apply directly at https://apply.workable.com/almstead-tree-and-shrub-care/j/0D154D6E08/