Descrption: Arborist Position
Currently seeking three qualified candidates for Arborist Positions, with 3-5 years’ or more experience to join our team working on a NYC Parks Department projects in the boroughs of Brooklyn, Bronx and Queens, NY.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supervise and coordinate contractors field work
- Conduct Daily Job Hazard Analysis Meetings
- Confirm credentials of workers/contractor and maintain documentation
- Documentation and record keeping of materials removed or placed on site
- Ensure ANZI 133 Specifications are adhered to
- Monitor and document detailed daily work activities
- Communicate all pertinent information to program manager and forester of work daily
- Ensure all materials are in accordance with approved submittals and product data to ensure compliance with appropriate specifications.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or other related sciences
- ISA Certified Arborist credentials
- TRAQ Preferred (Tree Risk Assessment Qualification)
- 3-5 years’ previous knowledge and supervision of tree removals and or stump grinding
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with owner, construction management staff and contractors, utility company representatives, regulatory agencies, and other public and private organizations.
- Able to prepare detailed record documentation of work in progress.