- New York State residents or those whose primary place of work is in New York State will be given first preference. After those slots are filled, all other climbers may register on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Registrants must be actively working for an arboricultural/landscape organization or tree service company and perform climbing duties as part of their work.
- Registration is limited to 25 competitors.
Location: Washington Park, 7 Englewood Place, Albany, NY 12203
PARKING will be available nearby at the Thurlow Terrace lot, managed by the University at Albany near 96 Western Avenue, Albany. This is only one block over from the event.
Friday, June 23
8:00 am - 12:00 noon Crane workshop
1:00 - 4:00 pm Advanced Gear Check workshop
3:00 - 7:00 pm IMPORTANT! GEAR INSPECTION near the Englewood entrance.
Saturday, June 24
6:30 - 7:30 am Check-in at the Registration Table near the Englewood entrance.
7:30 am IMPORTANT! PRE-EVENT BRIEFINGS
8:00 - 9:00 am START! Competitors will be briefed at each event.
Sunday, June 25
In the event of rain, we will follow the Saturday schedule on Sunday. At this time, there are predictions of chance rain on Saturday. We will still meet that morning to make final decisions about Saturday's schedule.
Tree Climbing Workshops
The day before our Tree Climbing Championship, we will be hosting TWO workshops for competitors and others.
Date: Friday, June 23, 2023
Crane Workshop, 8:00 am - 12:00 noon
Mark Moeske will discuss the basics of crane removals using both Knucklebooms and Stick Cranes. There will be a power point presentation and onsite discussion. This workshop will be FREE, but pre-registration is required.
LOCATION: Department of General Services building, One Richard Connors Blvd, Albany, NY
Advanced Gear Inspection, 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Bruce Duffy will discuss updates for 2023 for advanced gear inspection. Bring your own gear. Gear will also be available for purchase should you find an item that needs replacing. This workshop will be FREE for TCC competitors and $45 for all others.
LOCATION: Washington Park near the Englewood entrance. If raining, it will be moved to the Lakehouse nearby.
Reservations can be made at Hampton Inn & Suites - Downtown Albany
Address: 25 Chapel Street, Albany NY 12210
For reservations, you can call and say you are with the New York State Arborists on June 24. Room rates are $139.
There will also be a camping option made available in nearby Rensselaer County.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2023 TCC SPONSORS!
Master Challenge Sponsor
- Ground Equipment, Inc.
- Bill Miller & Associates
- Clear Choice Trees
- Dryad Tree & Shrub Diagnostics
- RBI Shelter Tree - Work Climb Event
- Weaver Leather Supply
Platinum Leaf Sponsors
- Almstead Tree & Shrub Care
- American Arborist Supplies
- Bartlett Tree Experts
- Davey Tree Expert Company
- Emerald Tree and Shrub Care
- Let’s Talk Trees LLC
- Washington Park Conservancy
Gold Leaf Sponsors
- Dom’s Tree Service
- Greenpoint Tree Services
Silver Leaf Sponsors
- Fanno Saw Works
- All American Tree Service
- Allmark Tree & Crane Service
- Anjoe Tree Service
- Arnolds Tree Service
- Asplundh/National Grid
- Homestead Tree Care
- J. Galiley Arbor Consulting
- Matthew Caluneo
Special Thanks to the City of Albany and the University at Albany for hosting our event!