- New York State residents or those whose primary place of work is in New York State will be given first preference. After those slots are filled, all other climbers may register on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Registrants must be actively working for an arboricultural/landscape organization or tree service company and perform climbing duties as part of their work.
- Registration is limited to 25 competitors.
- Sponsors of the TCC may also use this form to register for the event.
Location: Washington Park, 2 Englewood Place, Albany, NY 12203
Registration to Compete is Closed!
ORDER LUNCH HERE! An "all you can eat" lunch will be served by the Old Daley Inn using their Baja lunch truck from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm on Saturday, June 24. Lunch will be free for competitors and volunteers. Volunteers should be registered with our team using the link below. All others 13 years and older, should order in advance at $20 per ticket. (Children under 13 can share with their parents.)
VOLUNTEER FORM HERE! We always need TCC volunteers for everything from set up to judging to registration.
SPONSORS REGISTER HERE! Details about sponsorship opportunities are available HERE.
More details to come about training workshops on Friday, June 23.
Tree Climbing Workshops
The day before our Tree Climbing Championship, we will be hosting TWO workshops for competitors and others.
Place: Washington Park, Albany, NY (Englewood Place entrance)
Date: Friday, June 23, 2023
Crane Workshop, 8:00 am - 12:00 noon
Mark Moeske will discuss the basics of crane removals using both Knucklebooms and Stick Cranes. There will be a power point presentation and onsite discussion. This workshop will be FREE, but pre-registration is required.
Advanced Gear Inspection, 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Bruce Duffy will discuss updates for 2023 for advanced gear inspection. Bring your own gear. Gear will also be available for purchase should you find an item that needs replacing. This workshop will be FREE for TCC competitors and $45 for all others.
Gear Inspection Workshop REGISTER HERE!
Reservations can be made at Hampton Inn & Suites - Downtown Albany
Address: 25 Chapel Street, Albany NY 12210
For reservations, you can call and say you are with the New York State Arborists on June 24. Room rates are $139.
There will also be a camping option made available in nearby Rensselaer County.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2023 TCC SPONSORS!
Master Challenge Sponsor
- Ground Equipment, Inc.
- Bill Miller & Associates
- Clear Choice Trees
- Dryad Tree & Shrub Diagnostics
- RBI Shelter Tree - Work Climb Event
- Weaver Leather Supply
Platinum Leaf Sponsors
- Almstead Tree & Shrub Care
- American Arborist Supplies
- Bartlett Tree Experts
- Davey Tree Expert Company
- Emerald Tree and Shrub Care
- Let’s Talk Trees LLC
- Washington Park Conservancy
Gold Leaf Sponsors
- Dom’s Tree Service
- Greenpoint Tree Services
Silver Leaf Sponsors
- Fanno Saw Works
- Albany Forester
- All American Tree Service
- Allmark Tree & Crane Service
- Anjoe Tree Service
- Arnolds Tree Service
- Asplundh/National Grid
- Homestead Tree Care
- J. Galiley Arbor Consulting
- Matthew Caluneo