ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) Renewal Course
8am-5pm (7:30 am registration)
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Planting Fields Arboretum
1395 Planting Fields Road, Oyster Bay, NY
Registration deadline: October 16
♦ ISA/NYSA Member: $220
♦ Non Member: $260
♦ Seating is limited!
The TRAQ renewal course is an abbreviated version of the full course. The renewal is a one-day refresher with five hours of instruction and three hours to take the exam.
Current TRAQ holders can complete the abbreviated renewal course as early as 18 months prior to the expiration of their qualification. Upon passing the renewal exam, the expiration date will be adjusted to five years from the original expiration date. This means that if you pass the renewal exam four years into your credential, you will have six years until it expires.
Day 1: Educational Session & Exam (8:00am – 5:00pm)
Module 1: Introduction to Tree Risk Assessment
Module 2: Levels of Assessment
Module 3: Target Assessment
Module 4: Site Assessment
Break (15 min)
Module 5: Tree Biology and Mechanics
Module 6: Tree Inspection and Assessment
Module 7: Data Analysis and Risk Categorization
Lunch (1 hour)
Module 8: Mitigation
Module 9: Reporting
Review/Flex Time (10 min)
To renew the Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) you must currently hold the TRAQ credential and be within at least 18 months of the credential expiration date.
Special Accommodations Requests:
If you have an accommodation request, please complete the Special Accommodations Request Form and submit it with your application. You may find the form online at www.isa-arbor.com/Accommodations.
Applicants must submit registration and registration payment by the registration deadline. Onsite registration is not available.
By applying to participate in a TRAQ event, you are authorizing the ISA to make your registration and contact information available to the local chapter / associate association. You agree to the terms, conditions, and policies outlined in the Tree Risk Assessment Application Guide. Please review this document before applying for an event.
You will receive the course materials a minimum of two weeks prior to the start of the TRAQ event as part of your registration.
Bring the following items with you to the event:
• A government-issued photo identification card,such as a driver’s license, passport, or military ID
• Tree Risk Assessment Manual (included in your confirmation packet)
• Tree Risk Assessment Qualification Clipboard (included in your confirmation packet)
• Writing utensil(s), including at least one #2 pencil
• Appropriate attire and footwear for both indoor and outdoor activities
• High-visibility vest, coat, or other hi-res attire
• Hard hat
Admission At the Event
To be admitted for the course, you must arrive at the course site 30 minutes before the course starts. The event host will check your government-issued photo ID and have you sign a check-in sheet. If you have not produced a photo ID by the exam day, you will not be allowed to sit for the exam.
• The exact time, date, and location of the course will be enclosed in your confirmation packet. You must be on time, as the course will begin promptly. Report to the event site at least 30 minutes before the course starts.
• Dress appropriately for both indoor and outdoor activities. While every attempt is made to provide a comfortable classroom atmosphere, heating or cooling systems may not function properly. Outdoor weather conditions may vary.
• Visitors are not allowed into the training or exam.