Tree Risk Assessment Qualification
The qualification consists of a 2-day educational course followed by a ½ day assessment that includes both a written and field component. It is required that you attend the course and successfully complete the assessment in order to receive this qualification. Approved for 14.5 ISA CEUs.
When applying to participate in a TRAQ event, applicants must agree to the terms, conditions, and policies outlined in the Tree Risk Assessment Qualification Application Guide.
The ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) program provides an opportunity for professionals in the arboriculture industry to expand their knowledge through education and training in the fundamentals of tree risk assessment. This qualification promotes the safety of people and property by providing a standardized and systematic process for assessing tree risk. The results of a tree risk assessment can provide tree owners and risk managers with the information to make informed decisions to enhance tree benefits, health, and longevity.
This course will cover:
- Tree Biology and Mechanics
- Tree Inspection and Assessment
- Data Analysis
- Risk Categorization
- Risk Reporting
TRAQ Renewal Course - VIRTUAL
Tuesday, April 18: REGISTER NOW!
NOTE: You must be currently TRAQ qualified to take the Renewal course.
ISA/NYSA Member: $250.00
Non Member: $290.00
Registration Deadline EXTENDED: March 24, 2023
Virtual Program Details:
- Please note that for ISA TRAQ Renewal Online programs study materials are only provided in a digital format.
- Candidates who wish to have a printed copy of the ISA Tree Risk Assessment Manual can purchase that through the ISA webstore HERE.
- This will be a 5-hour online training course (including time for breaks)
- Candidates will receive an authorization to take examinations after confirmation of training portion completion sent by Hosts after the training has taken place. The authorization candidates will receive to complete examinations will include the following:
- 90-day authorization for the Written Exam offered by Pearson VUE through the OnVue system
- 90-day authorization for Performance-based Exam – Submitted through the ISA Portal
Please see ISA's list of FAQs for more information regarding the extension of your qualification.
We are following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization for preventing the spread of COVID-19. In choosing to attend an ISA TRAQ event, candidates are required and agree to comply with the health and safety guidelines included at: ISA TRAQ Health and Safety Guidelines.
TRAQ Program Testimonial
Having TRAQ has enabled me to use consistent language and an accepted rating system for determining a trees risk to homeowners and the community. Using a legally validated form for every tree makes prioritizing simple and documents residual risks, re-inspection intervals and so on. This covers you if anything goes wrong.
It’s also been tremendously useful for my clients in persuading their neighbors to remove dead and risky trees. Documenting risk on a form/matrix that uses the same language as insurance companies and lawyers is invaluable if ever in a court situation.
Also, the course itself was very instructional. Even as a Board Certified Master Arborist (BCMA), I learned new information that has changed the way I look at trees. I’ve always leaned towards saving trees rather than removing and this course provided me with a bit more balance.
Jeremy Sayers, BCMA
The Tree Doctor Consulting
NYSA Past President